|Hello 2014 SunRunners & Volunteers:
This week's run is called "tapering run". This is the final group run before the race. The distance is 6-7km. This run is design to maintain your peak condition without the stress of piling on more mileage or speed work. In fact, at this stage, nothing will help to improve your finishing time. What you need to do are: mid week short practice runs under 5k, rest, stay away from injury, take in proper nutrients, drink water and run the race course mentally over & over again. No need to squeeze in another long run in the hope of improving your race day performance.
This week, we will all start together & run over the Burrard Bridge & toward the Stanley Park. After 20 minutes of running, no matter where you are at, turn around and run back to the starting point. Total running time will be 40 minutes.
Meeting Place : same as last week at Kitislano Beach Park, Vancouver
Date : Sunday, April 20th, 2014
Time : 8:00am
T-shirt etc will not be ready until the next week. On Friday the 25th from 5-6pm, I will distriute the Sun Run T-shirts, bibs, timing tags at the MacDonald restaurant on Alexandra Road, Richmond. Please come, or arrange for a friend, to pick up yours.
Please bring the H2H donation received this weekend or on T-shirt pick up day if ready.
Must read the following carefully:
On Sun Run day:
1. Meet at the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery facing the Robson Street at 7:45am sharp. Do not be late!!
The attached 2012 group picture shows our meeting location. Take public transits.
2. Take a group picture with all of us wearing our Sun Run T-shirt and bib.
3. Make a last minute toilet stop. Expect long line-ups!!
4. Give our change of clothing & misc. personal items to our VSSE volunteers.
5. At 8:30, start making our way to the Green starting corral.
6. While waiting for our start, keep your throw-away clothing on to stay warm. If need water, taks sips only.
7. Start together & run your own race.
8. After crossing the finish line, proceed to the inside of BC Place Stadium. Get your free food & drinks.
9. Meet our team under the letter "V" sign up in the stadium's seating area. Look for the white VSSE flag!!
10. Receive you VSSE H2H SunRunners finisher medal.
11. Retrieve your clothing & peronal items from our volunteers.
12. Hand in H2H donations to David.
13. Start walking to 悅海 at Royal Center for dim-sum around 11:30 & be there by noon. Participation is voluntary.
Let me know if you can join so I can make a reservation accordingly. All runners, volunteers & friends are welcome to join.
14. Carry a cell phone with you if possible.